Applications for the Innovation Vouchers Program closed 12pm Friday 31 March 2017. Innovation and ICT Minister Hon Dave Kelly MLA announced the successful applicants, listed below, on 27 June 2017.
The program seeks to stimulate the WA SME sector and State economic growth. The objectives of the IVP are to support innovation initiatives that will:
- decrease the commercialisation gap;
- activate industry-government-research collaborations; and
- increase research and development (R&D) investment into Western Australia.
The purpose of the IVP is to:
- assist in the development of new or enhanced commercially-ready products or services;
- establish prototypes, processes or systems to attract additional investment;
- assist a company to develop connections, seek investment or win contracts with business partners or in exports; and
- address a particular technical problem that cannot be solved by the applicant, or for which the solution is not readily available
Level of funding support
The level of funding support available under the IVP is up to a maximum of $20,000 per application over 12 months.
Where funding is allocated it will be on a competitive basis to those applicants clearly demonstrating that they meet the evaluation criteria.
State Government funding provided under the IVP is intended to support SMEs to access professional skills, services or knowledge or undertake an internal innovative project that will enable these entities to advance an innovation or commercialisation activity in Western Australia. Collaboration with research/academia is encouraged.
2017 Innovation Voucher Recipients
- Ausplow Pty Ltd - Granular air delivery system sectional control module
- Balconi Telecommunications - Balconi Smart Torch
- Coplin Corp Pty Ltd - KodeKLIX educational hardware
- Iris Biomedical - Childbirth monitor
- Four Flags Pty Ltd - Bulk explosive reduction device
- FRAME VR - The Mechatron VR System
- GoPC Pty Ltd - BankVault
- HUMM Technologies - EDGE
- IMR Technologies Pty Ltd - SensaLink vehicle crash alert device
- MALDIID Pty Ltd - Legume root nodule bacteria identification
- Natuva Pty Ltd - Continuous process for natural liquid soap
- Nimble Equipment Pty Ltd - Nimble Storage System
- Orchid Valley Pet Caskets - End of life pet products
- People Diagnostix - Flourishing at School - mental health measurements
- PumpEng Pty Ltd - JetGuard submersible pump
- Rytech Australia Pty Ltd - Sunovate – solar energy innovation
- Sagacious - Sage Repellent: natural & organic insect repellent
- Segnut Pty Ltd - Segnut - fast removal nut
- Sherrard Pty Ltd - BinSpring commercialisation strategy
- Soter Analytics Pty Ltd - Wearable technology for industrial safety
- Taste Black Gold -Commercial black truffle processing
- Terra15 Pty Ltd - Distributed vibration sensing on optical fibre cables
For enquiries regarding the program contact the Innovation Centre of Western Australia by email firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 6251 2526.